Sunday, 19 November 2017

Let's Talk Weddings: From Miss to Mrs


Our wedding photos are back! I'll be sharing a few more of them in a future post, but I wanted to give you guys a sneaky peek today. We're so happy with them; especially the black and white shots. Everything just looks so much classier in black and white, don't you think? If you follow me on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook, you'll doubtless have seen this photo already, plus a few more, as I've been updating my profile pictures left right and centre! Anyway, the wedding photos, believe it or not, are not the focus of today's blog post. I wanted to write a little update on what the last nine weeks have been like as Mrs Hyndman!

I can't tell you how many times I heard the question: "So, how's married life treating you?" It's a question that, inevitably, infuriates me. All that's changed since our wedding day is my last name and marital status. We still go to work, come home, and eat our dinner in front of the telly. We still row, bicker, and annoy the hell out of each other. We still enjoy spending time together, and love each other. 

The biggest hassle of married life has definitely been changing my last name. Before we tied the knot, I made a list of all the companies/organisations I would need to change my name with, and how to go about doing so. I'm nothing if not organised. But I definitely wasn't ready for the reality of so much paperwork. 

Having only one marriage certificate slows everything down massively. I was able to do about 80% of the name changes online, with scans of my marriage certificate. But the remaining 20%, I had no choice but to do one a time. I would send off my marriage certificate then wait, a little anxiously, to receive it back. Royal Mail aren't particularly known for keeping your post safe, so I was always worrying I wouldn't get my marriage certificate back at all. 



The DVLA sent me my amended driving licence back before they even sent me back my marriage certificate. That was definitely a heart-stopping moment. I was sure my marriage certificate had got lost in the post! And I still have to send off my passport, and my vehicle log book. By the time I got my marriage licence back, a month or so ago, I was so fatigued and fed up with all the paperwork that I put the rest of  my name changes on hold. Although I'm hoping that, by the time this post goes live I'll have sent off my passport, at least. 

Besides the bureaucracy and hassle of becoming Mrs Hyndman, my life as a Mrs is really no different to that of a Miss. We've been together, and living together, for almost seven years now. Our routines are set. We were like an old married couple before we actually tied the knot. And I don't see that changing any time soon. Especially not now we are an actual old married couple. Well, less of the old. You get the picture.

Am I glad we got married? Of course. It shows a level of commitment to each other, and I love being Mrs Hyndman. Has it changed anything in our day-to-day lives? Not at all. Aside from the fact that I still receive post addressed to Miss Cottle, and find that weirder than receiving post addressed to Mrs Hyndman! 

Keep an eye out for the next, and possibly last (until our wedding anniversary of course), post in the Let's Talk Weddings series; where I'll be sharing the official wedding photographs!


How long have you been married? 

Keep up with my latest posts by following me and subscribing to my newsletter!


Get all the latest with my newsletter

* indicates required




November Advertisers

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. So... how's married life treating you? ahaha Just kidding. It bugs me too and I never ask people because what do they expect to change?!

    Looking forward to more photos! You guys are so cute.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely someone who's asked how married life is treating you haha ... oops! I hadn't even thought about how long it would take to change your name on everything. I can't wait to see more of the pics!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wedding is the beautiful event in which both men and women try to different things in this day. The pictures that you share in this article is really so nice and both are looking so stunning. I read this article and I am so impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig